Fragile – Members Challenge
Calendar Challenge – Fragile
Members of Aotearoa Quilters are invited to enter a 15 x 15 inch quilt in the theme of Fragile. The quilts will be used in the production of a calendar which will be sold to raise funds for Aotearoa Quilters. You will be able to purchase the calendars when you register for Symposium 2017. The intention is to have one larger photo accompanied by smaller photos for each month, therefore including all entries in the calendar. 13 entries will be selected for the larger photos [one for each month plus the cover page]. The selection team will be looking for entries that photograph well to use for the larger photos. The quilts will also be exhibited at various venues organised by Aotearoa Quilters.
Conditions of Entry
- The finished quilt must measure 15 inches by 15 inches.
- The theme of the quilt is Fragile [an explanation is to be included in the artist statement].
- The quilt must not be mounted or framed with hard materials.
Hanging and Identification Details
- A hanging sleeve 2 ½ inches wide, finishing ½ inch from either side of the quilt, is to be securely stitched to the top of the quilt.
- The hook side of Velcro is to be stitched to the hanging sleeve with the soft side of the Velcro attached.
- The soft sided Velcro is to be name with the quilt title and maker’s name.
- A fabric label with the quilt title, makers name, address and phone number is to be stitched to the back bottom left hand corner of the quilt.
- All entrants must be current members of Aotearoa Quilters. If you are not a current member you may join here
- The fee is $15 for the first entry and $10 for each additional entry.
- Entries must include a self-addressed courier bag large enough for the return of the quilts.
- Aotearoa Quilters reserves the right not to accept any quilts that do not meet the conditions of entry or that the Committee deems as not being a suitable entry.
- Insurance of entries is the responsibility of the entrant. Whilst all care will be taken, Aotearoa Quilters will not accept liability for any loss or damage of quilts.
- Entries may be for sale. The price the entrant wishes to receive must be stated on the entry form. A commission of 10% will be added and retained by Aotearoa Quilters if the quilt is sold.
- Unsold Quilts will be returned to the makers, after being exhibited at a number of venues arranged by Aotearoa Quilters.
- No photographic images of entries or part of the entry are to be made available for public viewing prior to the publishing of the calendar.
- Aotearoa Quilters may use photographic images for promotional purposes. Quilt makers will be acknowledged.
- A completed entry form which is downloadable here , Fragile-entry-form , entry fee and a return self-addressed courier bag is to accompany each entry.
- Conditions of entry can be downloaded here Fragile conditions of entry
- Entries are to be submitted in a suitably sized cloth bag that is labelled with the quilt title and makers name.
- Entries must be received by 14th June 2017. Courier address – Shirley Sparks, Aotearoa Quilters, 117 Motu Capri, Pauanui 3546.