Members Challenge 2022 – Lines Conditions of Entry
Entries are now closed
Conditions of Entry
All entries must comply with the conditions of entry and the entry form to be eligible for selection.
Aotearoa Quilters offers a Members only challenge that gives the opportunity to create a quilt on the theme of “Lines”. Any form of quilt making design, style or technique may be used to create the quilt, e.g. Traditional, Contemporary, Textile Art etc. First-time entrants into Aotearoa Quilters Members Only Challenges will be eligible for a “First-time entrant” award if the entry is selected for this exhibition.
- Size – 40cm by 80 cm in either portrait or landscape orientation
- Entries are to be created on the theme “Lines” and this is to be outlined in the Artist statement.
- Entries must not be mounted or framed.
- Entries must be constructed in a manner that will withstand packing and travelling to several venues.
- There will be 20 quilts selected by the judge for this challenge. Non-selected entries will be returned after the selection process is completed.
Hanging and Identification Details
- A hanging sleeve 3 inches wide, finishing ½ inch from either side and no more than ½ inch from the top edge of the quilt is to be securely stitched to the top of the quilt.
- The hook side of Velcro is to be stitched to the top edge of the hanging sleeve. (Also ½ inch from the sides and top of the quilt) Attach soft sided Velcro of the same size, to the hook side of the Velcro. ( Named with the Quilt Title only) No stick-on Velcro is to be used.
- A fabric label with the quilt title, maker’s name, and contact is to be securely attached to the quilt, on the back bottom left hand corner, when viewed from the back.
- Entrants must be current members of Aotearoa Quilters. The entry fee is $15 and additional entries $10. Payment to be made to ASB 12-3048-0289863-00 Ref: Lines and Your Name.
- Entries must include a self-addressed courier bag with payment attached for the return of the quilts. Cardboard and other forms of packing (except the cloth bag) are not retained for return of quilts because of storage constraints. Whilst it is acceptable to send multiple entries in one bag, ALL entries for this challenge must have individual return bags.
- Aotearoa Quilters reserves the right not to accept any quilts that do not meet the conditions of entry or that the Committee deems as not being a suitable entry.
- Insurance of entries is the responsibility of the entrant. Whilst all care will be taken, Aotearoa Quilters will not accept liability for any loss or damage of quilts.
- Entries will tour at venues arranged by Aotearoa Quilters and returned to the maker’s in approximately 12 months, unless otherwise arranged with the maker.
- Quilts are not to be exhibited at any other venues prior to entering this challenge.
- Entries must be for sale at a price set by the Quilt maker. Aotearoa Quilters will add a 15% commission to the sale price.
- Partial photographs of up to 20% of the quilt may be shared on social media or any other public forum prior to the opening exhibition. The intention is to create an interest without revealing the main features of the quilt.
- Aotearoa Quilters may use photographic images for promotional purposes. Quilt makers will be acknowledged.
- Complete an online entry form and entry fee payment for each submission. A copy of your entry form will be automatically emailed to you.
- Return addressed courier/postage bag large enough for return of quilts. Please add an RD sticker to your return bag, if you are rural. For the protection of your quilt it should be submitted in a suitably sized cloth bag that is labelled with the quilt title and makers name.
- Online entries close on Friday 13th May 2022.
- Quilts are arrive no later than Friday 20th May 2022. Late entries will not be accepted.
Courier/Postal address –
69 Whitcombe Road.
The Entry Form can be found here