2024 – Colour Challenge – Conditions of Entry
Seasons of Colour Challenge – Spring!
Conditions of Entry
All conditions outlined in the Conditions of Entry and the Entry Form must be met to make entries eligible for awards.
Aotearoa Quilters invites Members and Non Members to enter the “Seasons of Colour Challenge – Spring!”, a 12 inches x 12 inches square quilt which contains colours which portray the Spring season to you. The theme and techniques used are the Quiltmaker’s own choice. However, the quilt needs to be securely constructed to withstand travelling to several venues. All entries must be for sale. The quilts will be exhibited at various venues arranged by Aotearoa Quilters over the next year ending at the Great New Zealand Quilt Show in May 2025.
- Only one entry per entrant is permitted.
- The finished quilt must measure 12 inches wide by 12 inches high.
- The quilt is to be in colours which portray the Spring Season to you.
- The quilt must not be mounted or framed with hard materials.
- If your quilt replicates images that are subject to copyright, you must obtain permission from the owner or copyright holder before entering your quilt, and this may include the need to obtain permission to sell your work. Note that replicating only part of someone else’s work may still be subject to copyright requirements. Copyright requirements vary around the world. In New Zealand, copyright generally expires 50 years after the death of the person who created the image.
Hanging and Identification Details
- A hanging sleeve 2 ½ inches wide, finishing ½ inch from either side and no more than ½ inch from the top edge of the quilt, is to be securely stitched to the top of the quilt.
- The hook side of Velcro is to be stitched to the top edge of the hanging sleeve. Velcro should be ½ inch from the sides and top of the quilt. No stick-on velcro is to be used.
- Soft-sided Velcro is to be named with the quilt title only and attached to the hook side of the Velcro. The soft sided Velcro is for protection of quilts when packaged for travel.
- A fabric label with the quilt title, maker’s name and contact details is to be securely attached to the quilt, on the back bottom left-hand corner, when viewed from the back.
- Entrants may be Members or Non-Members of Aotearoa Quilters. The entry fee is to be paid by internet banking. Your acknowledgement email will contain information about the internet banking.
- The entry must include a self-addressed courier/postage bag (no cartons) large enough for the return of the quilt. Cardboard and other forms of packing are not retained for return of quilts because of storage constraints. No cloth bag is required & please do not include one with your entry.
- Aotearoa Quilters reserves the right not to accept any quilt that does not meet the conditions of entry or that the Committee deems as not being a suitable entry.
- Insurance of entry is the responsibility of the entrant. Whilst all care will be taken, Aotearoa Quilters will not accept liability for any loss or damage of the quilt.
- All entries are for sale at $150. The Entrant will receive $120 and Aotearoa Quilters will retain $30 if the quilt is sold.
- Unsold Quilts will be returned to the makers following the close of the Great New Zealand Quilt Show or late May 2025 unless otherwise arranged with the Quilt-maker.
- Quilts will be exhibited at a range of venues arranged by Aotearoa Quilters.
- The quilt entry is not to be exhibited at any other venues prior to entering this challenge.
- Partial photographs of up to 20% of the quilt may be shared on social media or any other public forum prior to the opening exhibition. The intention is to create interest without revealing the main features of the quilt.
- Aotearoa Quilters may use photographic images for promotional purposes. Quilt-makers will be acknowledged.
- Complete an entry form online. Once your entry form is completed you will receive an acknowledgement email containing the internet banking details.
- Include a return addressed courier/postage bag large enough for the return of the quilt. Please add a rural delivery sticker to your return bag if you have an RD address.
- Online entries close on Monday 15 April 2024.
- Quilts are to be sent to arrive by 30 April 2024. Late entries will not be accepted.
200 Reservoir Rd,