2023 Red – Colour Challenge Conditions of Entry
Conditions of Entry
All conditions outlined in the Conditions of Entry and the Entry Form must be met to make entries eligible for awards.
Aotearoa Quilters invites Members and Non Members to enter the Colour Challenge, a 12” x 12” square quilt which is predominately Red in colour. The theme and techniques used are the Quilt-maker’s own choice. However, the quilt needs to be securely constructed to withstand travelling to several venues. All entries must be for sale. The quilts will be exhibited at various venues arranged by Aotearoa Quilters.
- Only one entry per entrant is permitted.
- The finished quilt must measure 12 inches wide by 12 inches high.
- The colour of the quilt is to be predominately Red.
- The quilt must not be mounted or framed with hard materials.
Hanging and Identification Details
- A hanging sleeve 2 ½ inches wide, finishing ½ inch from either side and no more than ½ inch from the top edge of the quilt, is to be securely stitched to the top of the quilt.
- The hook side of Velcro is to be stitched to the top edge of the hanging sleeve. [also ½ inch from the sides and top of the quilt] No stick-on velcro is to be used.
- Soft-sided Velcro is to be named with the quilt title only and attached to the hook side of the Velcro. [this is for protection of quilts when packaged for travel]
- A fabric label with the quilt title, maker’s name and contact details is to be securely attached to the quilt, on the back bottom left-hand corner, when viewed from the back.
- Entrants may be Members or Non-Members of Aotearoa Quilters. The entry fee is – Members $15 – Non-Members $25. Payment will be by POLipay – our form links you to your bank. If for any reason that payment fails, there is information on how to pay by internet banking, on the form.
- The entry must include a self-addressed courier/postage bag (no cartons) large enough for the return of the quilt. Cardboard and other forms of packing (except a cloth bag) are not retained for return of quilts because of storage constraints.
- Aotearoa Quilters reserves the right not to accept any quilt that does not meet the conditions of entry or that the Committee deems as not being a suitable entry.
- Insurance of entry is the responsibility of the entrant. Whilst all care will be taken, Aotearoa Quilters will not accept liability for any loss or damage of the quilt.
- All entries are for sale at $150. The Entrant will receive $120 and Aotearoa Quilters will retain $30 if the quilt is sold.
- Unsold Quilts will be returned to the makers within 12 months unless otherwise arranged with the Quilt-maker.
- Quilts will be exhibited at a range of venues arranged by Aotearoa Quilters.
- The quilt entry is not to be exhibited at any other venues prior to entering this challenge.
- Partial photographs of up to 20% of the quilt may be shared on social media or any other public forum prior to the opening exhibition. The intention is to create interest without revealing the main features of the quilt.
- Aotearoa Quilters may use photographic images for promotional purposes. Quilt-makers will be acknowledged.
- Complete an entry form and entry fee payment online for your submission.
- Include a return addressed courier/postage bag large enough for the return of the quilt. For the protection of your quilt, it should be submitted in a suitably sized cloth bag that is labelled with the quilt title and makers name. Pleae add a rural delivery sticker to your return bag, if you have an RD address.
- Online entries close on Friday 26 May 2023.
- Quilts are to be sent to arrive by 2 June 2023. Late entries will not be accepted.
29 Gascoigne Street
Entries are closed now.