Membership of Aotearoa Quilters, National Association of New Zealand Quilters
Membership is available to all quilters, both those residing in New Zealand and those residing elsewhere but wishing to keep in touch with what is happening on the New Zealand quilting scene. View our CONSTITUTION .
Individual Membership fees are:
New Zealand – $40 for one year, $75 for two years
Australia and the Pacific – $NZ 50
Other countries – $NZ60.
Our financial year is from 1st May – 30th April each year with membership fees being due on the 1st May.
Why join as an Individual Member?
Your membership and support will enable your National Association to:
- develop and nurture quilting and textile arts in New Zealand
- keep you up to date about exciting new developments – such as the new-look national exhibition and Best of New Zealand show.
- contribute to our involvement in keeping the youngsters of New Zealand warm
- ensure we are able to guide and help future national symposia organisers
- help develop and maintain an archival record or quilting and quilters in New Zealand
- continue to support the education and professional development of our member quilters
- provide opportunities for quilters to participate in exhibitions of their work
The Association produces a regular Newsletters and Mini-news that highlight news, key exhibition dates, news, events and exhibition dates with links to more detailed information; provides entry to our member-only travelling exhibition; discounted entry to the 12″x 12″ Colour Challenge;the opportunity to discuss issues with other quilters on our Yahoo discussion group;connection with other quilters via our Face Book page, ability to comment on our blogs (eg.Fenella’s word, Presidents word), and articles for members.
Associate Membership for Groups and Guilds.
Groups and Guilds are able to join for $50. This gives an Associate Membership
Your guild will pay one $50 fee per year to become an Associate Member and receive the following benefits;
- Regular newsletters detailing news of Aotearoa Quilters events challenges and exhibitions.
- Group and Guild’s meeting and contact details can be listed on the website,
- Group and guild news and exhibition information can be added to the website calendar, reaching a national audience
- Opportunity to host touring exhibitions.
- Link with Aotearoa Quilters Regional Representatives