2020 Members Challenge Journey Conditions of Entry
Conditions of Entry
All entries must comply with the conditions of entry and the entry form to be eligible for selection.
Aotearoa Quilters offers a Members only challenge that gives the opportunity to create a quilt to the theme of “Journey”. Any form of quilt making design, style or technique may be used to create the quilt, e.g. Traditional, Contemporary, Textile Art etc. First-time entrants into Aotearoa Quilter Members Only Challenges will be eligible for a “Rookie” award if the entry is selected for this exhibition.
- Size – 60cm wide x 100cm high
- Entries are to be created to the theme “Journey” and this is to be outlined in the Artist statement.
- Entries must not be mounted or framed.
- Entries must be constructed in a manner that will withstand packing and travelling to several venues.
Hanging and Identification Details
- A hanging sleeve 4 inches wide, finishing ½ inch from either side and no more than ½ inch from the top edge of the quilt, is to be securely stitched to the top of the quilt.
- The hook side of Velcro is to be stitched to the top edge of the hanging sleeve. (Also ½ inch from the sides and top of the quilt) Attach named soft sided Velcro of the same size, to the hook side of the Velcro. ( For protection of all quilts when packed to travel) No stick-on Velcro is to be used.
- A fabric label with the quilt title, maker’s name, and contact is to be securely attached to the quilt, on the back bottom left hand corner, when viewed from the back.( contact maybe address, phone or email)
- Entrants must be current members of Aotearoa Quilters. The entry fee is $15 and additional entries $10. Payment to be made to ASB 12-3048-0289863-00 Ref: Journey and Your Name.
- Entries must include a self-addressed courier bag with payment attached (no cartons) for the return of the quilts. Cardboard and other forms of packing (except the cloth bag) are not retained for return of quilts because of storage constraints. Whilst it is acceptable to send multiple entries in one bag, ALL entries for this challenge must have individual return bags.
- Aotearoa Quilters reserves the right not to accept any quilts that do not meet the conditions of entry or that the Committee deems as not being a suitable entry.
- Insurance of entries is the responsibility of the entrant. Whilst all care will be taken, Aotearoa Quilters will not accept liability for any loss or damage of quilts.
- Entries will be selected to tour at venues arranged by Aotearoa Quilters and returned to the maker’s by July 2021 unless otherwise arranged with the maker. Non selected entries will be returned after the selection process is completed.
- Quilts are not to be exhibited at any other venues prior to entering this challenge.
- Entries must be for sale at a price set by the Quilt maker. Aotearoa Quilters will add a 15% commission to the sale price.
- Partial photographs of up to 20% of the quilt may be shared on social media or any other public forum prior to the opening exhibition. The intention is to create an interest without revealing the main features of the quilt.
- Aotearoa Quilters may use photographic images for promotional purposes. Quilt makers will be acknowledged.
- Complete an online entry form and entry fee payment for each submission. A copy of your entry form will be automatically emailed to you.
- Return addressed courier/postage bag large enough for return of quilts. For the protection of your quilt it should be submitted in a suitably sized cloth bag that is labelled with the quilt title and makers name.
- Online entries close on the 1st June 2020.
- Quilts are to be sent after 1st June 2020 to arrive no later than 11th June 2020. Late entries will not be accepted. Please do not send quilts before 1st June 2020
Courier address – Shirley Sparks, Aotearoa Quilters, 117 Motu Capri, Pauanui 3546.
Postal address – Shirley Sparks, Aotearoa Quilters, P O Box 211, Pauanui 3546
Entry Form is here