Ailsa Craig – Tutors
Aotearoa Quilters is calling for tutors to make up part of a contingent representing New Zealand at the annual Ailsa Craig Community Quilt Festival to be held on May 20 – 25th, 2019 in Ailsa Craig, Ontario, Canada. Final Selections will be made by the Ailsa Craig Festival Committee
For selected tutors Ailsa Craig Festival will provide the following:
- Return economy airfare from New Zealand to London International Airport in London, Ontario (up to CDN $1,750 each) to be booked 6 months in advance through the recommended ACQFAF travel resource.
- Return ground transportation from London International Airport to Ailsa Craig when travelling with the delegation.
- Honorarium for teaching workshops as specified in individual teacher contracts and,
- Accommodations and most meals with local families.
All members who visit will be expected to contribute fully to the running of the show and if not teaching will be expected to serve as either white glove exhibitor aids, work a sales desk or to give talks on New Zealand and its fibre tradition (or related suitable topics).
We are looking for tutors who are able to:
- Teach classes that are original
- Able to give lectures/floor talks – this could be an orignal topic, about the exhibition quilts exhibited, quilt and fibre art scene in New Zealand
- It is an advantage if you have additional skills that are reflective of New Zealand textile arts ( eg. use of harakeke, wool and alternate fibres)
- Preference will be given to Aotearoa Quilters members
- Available to travel for the dates of the festival
If you are interested in this opportunity please complete and submit your CV and Workshop descriptions
Workshop descriptions should include:
- A brief outline of the technique, project or pattern to be taught.
- Length of time for the class- Full day (5-6 hours), half day (2-3 hours)
- Maximum number of students the teacher prefers to work with (example10,20)
- One or more photographs of the technique or similar project (to be used for promotional purposes)
- Where possible, a sample of the technique or project (to be used for promotional purposes).
Please also include topics and any lecture outlines you are able to provide. ( desirable, not essential)
Please complete this form and upload your documents using this form by the 5pm. 10th June, 2018
Any queries email email@example.com
If for any reason you are unable to upload your documents please email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org