2019 Colour Challenge – Silver Hexagon
Aotearoa Quilters Colour Challenge – Silver
Online Entries due by the 4th September 2019
All conditions outlined in the Conditions of Entry and the Entry Form must be met for entries to be eligible.
Conditions of Entry PDF
2019 is the 25th anniversary of Aotearoa Quilters [formally NANZQ]. To celebrate the occasion Members and Non Members are invited to enter Silver quilts made in a hexagon shape. The theme and techniques used are the Quilt Makers choice, however the quilt needs to withstand traveling to several venues. All entries must be for sale. The quilts will be exhibited at various venues arranged by Aotearoa Quilters.
Please note: When designing your quilt if you use artwork/ photography/designs produced by another person, permission should be obtained from that person to use the design before entering this challenge.
- A printed template is available from Aotearoa Quilters. The cost of the template is $3 if purchased at the Great NZ Quilt Show or $5 [includes postage] if purchased online. Templates may be shared. However, if copied take care to avoid any changes in size.
- Hexagon dimensions are- outside edges 8”, inside width point to point 16”,inside height 13.86”.
- The finished quilt must meet the hexagon size as per Aotearoa Quilters template. You can purchase a template at the Great New Zealand Quilt show or from our online shop Hexagon Template
- The quilt colour is to be predominately Silver
- The quilt must not be mounted or framed with hard materials.
- The quilt must be hung from the top edge as indicated on the template.
- The template solid line is the finished measurement of the hexagon
Hanging and Identification Details
- A 2 ½ inch wide hanging sleeve, with hook sided velcro attached, is to be securely stitched ½ inch from the top edge of the quilt. A rod must be able to slide through the sleeve.
- Soft sided velcro [Named with quilt title and makers name] of the same width is to be attached to the hook side velcro. No stick on velcro is to be used.
- A fabric label with the quilt title, Makers name, and contact details is to be securely attached to the back bottom edge of the quilt.
- The entry fee is – Members $15 – Non Members $25. Each additional entry – $10. It is preferable that the payment is made by online banking to ASB 12-3048-0289863-00 Reference: Silver and Your Name.
- Entries must include a self-addressed courier/postage bag
Packing materials [except cloth bags] will not be retained for return of quilts due to storage constraints.
- The Entrant is responsible for informing Aotearoa Quilters of the correct contact details for the return of quilts.
- Quilts are not to be exhibited at any other venues prior to entering this challenge.
- Aotearoa Quilters reserves the right not to accept any quilts that do not meet the conditions of entry or that the Committee deems as not being a suitable entry.
- Insurance of entries is the responsibility of the entrant. Whilst all care will be taken, Aotearoa Quilters will not accept liability for any loss or damage of quilts.
- Entries will be for sale at $150. If the quilt is sold, the Entrant will receive $120 and Aotearoa Quilters will retain $30.
- Unsold Quilts will be returned to the makers within 12 months, unless otherwise arranged with the Quilt Maker.
- Quilts will be exhibited at a range of venues arranged by Aotearoa Quilters.
- Partial photographs of up to 20% of the quilt may be shared on social media or any other public forum prior to the opening exhibition. The intention is to create interest without revealing the main features of the quilt.
- Aotearoa Quilters may use photographic images for promotional purposes. Quilt makers will be acknowledged.
- Judging will take place prior to the opening exhibition to be held at Quilt Symposium Auckland 2019.
- The Judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Complete an entry form and entry fee payment online for each submission. A printed copy of the entry form will be sent to you to print out and send with the quilt.
- Send a return addressed courier/postage bag large enough for the return of your quilts. For the protection of your quilt, please put the quilt in a cloth bag that is labelled with the quilt title and makers name.
- Online entries will close on 4th September 2019 and Quilts are due to be delivered to Shirley by 12th September 2019. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Download a copy of the Conditions of Entry
Conditions of Entry PDF
Courier address – Shirley Sparks, Aotearoa Quilters, 117 Motu Capri, Pauanui 3546.
Postal address – Shirley Sparks, Aotearoa Quilters, P O Box 211, Pauanui 3546.