Associate Membership is available for Groups and Guilds.
Cost to join is $50 for Associate Membership
Aotearoa Quilters financial year is from 1st May 3oth April each year. Membership fees are due on the 1st May.
Your guild will pay one $50 fee per year to become an Associate Member, and to receive the following benefits;
- Newsletter detailing news of events and challenges, exhibitions, regional days.
- Your guild or group’s news and exhibition information can be posted on the website.
- Opportunity to host touring exhibitions.
- Keep updated with National Quilting events and opportunities.
- List your group information on the website.
Your membership and support will enable your National Association to:
- develop and nurture quilting and textile arts in New Zealand
- keep you up to date about exciting new developments – such as the new-look national exhibition and Best of New Zealand show.
- contribute to our involvement in keeping the youngsters of New Zealand warm
- ensure we are able to guide and help future national symposia organisers
- help develop and maintain an archival record or quilting and quilters in New Zealand
- continue to support the education and professional development of our member quilters
- provide opportunities for quilters to participate in exhibitions of their work
The Association produces a regular Newsletters and Mini-news that highlight news, key exhibition dates, news, events and exhibition dates with links to more detailed information; provides entry to our member-only travelling exhibition; discounted entry to the 12″x 12″ Colour Challenge;the opportunity to discuss issues with other quilters on our Yahoo discussion group;connection with other quilters via our Face Book page, ability to comment on our blogs (eg.Fenella’s word, Presidents word), and articles for members.