Ailsa Craig – New Zealand Exhibition – Conditions of Entry
Ailsa Craig Festival, 2019 The New Zealand Exhibition
An opportunity for New Zealand quilters to have their work displayed in an International setting. We are calling for entries for the exhibition in Ailsa Craig Festival. We will be selecting approximately 100 quilts to travel to Canada. Quilts may have been exhibited previously, and may also be entered in the 2019 Great New Zealand Quilt Show.
We are looking for quilts that demonstrate a high standard of workmanship, and that represent the craftsmanship and unique skills of New Zealand Quilters. These may be quilts you have already exhibited.
All accepted entries will be exhibited at the New Zealand Exhibition, Ailsa Craig, Ontario, Canada, May 20th – 25th 2019
Conditions of Entry
All submissions must meet the conditions of entry to be eligible for selection.
- To enter you must be current members of Aotearoa Quilters (Join here if you are not a member yet).
- Aotearoa Quilters reserves the right not to accept any quilts that do not meet the conditions of entry or that the Committee deems as not being suitable.
- Insurance of entries is your responsibility while the quilt is in New Zealand. Whilst all care will be taken, Aotearoa Quilters will not accept liability for any loss, misdirected or delayed mail or damage or loss of entries while in their care.
- Quilts travelling to Ailsa Craig will be insured by the Ailsa Craig Festival while travelling. You will need to complete an online form for the Ailsa Craig Festival Committee and indicate the insurance value of your quilt.
- Size – Quilts of all sizes will be considered for selection. We will be selecting approximately 100 quilts and will need a range of sizes to create a balanced exhibition
- Quilts must be sturdy enough in the way they are made to withstand packing and travelling to Canada.
- Entries must not be mounted or framed
Hanging and Identification Details
- A hanging sleeve 4” inches wide, finishing ½ inch from either side and no more than ½ inch from the top edge of the quilt, is to be securely stitched to the top of the quilt.
- The hook side of Velcro is to be stitched to the top edge of the hanging sleeve [also ½ inch from the sides and top of the quilt].
- Soft-sided Velcro of the same size is to be named and attached to the hook side of the Velcro [ For the protection of all quilts when packed to travel]. No ‘stick-on’ Velcro is to be used.
- A fabric label with the quilt title, maker’s name, and contact details is to be securely attached to the quilt, on the back bottom left-hand corner, when viewed from the back [contact may be address, phone or email].
- Accepted entries will be exhibited at The New Zealand Exhibition in Ailsa Craig, Canada, 20th -25th May 2019.
- Quilts will be returned to quilt makers in June/July 2019 unless otherwise arranged with the maker.
- Quilts may have exhibited previously.
- Aotearoa Quilters and Ailsa Craig Quilt & Fibre Festival may use photographic images for promotional purposes. [Quilt makers will be credited]
- Complete an online ENTRY FORM and entry fee payment for each entry by the 15th December 2018. A copy of your completed entry form will be automatically emailed to you – Please print a copy and send with your quilt.
- The entry fee is $10 per entry. You may enter as many quilts as you like. Payment to be made by internet banking to ASB 12-3048-0289863-00 Ref: ACF2019 and your name.
- If your quilt is also entered in the Great New Zealand Quilt Show your entry for the Ailsa Craig New Zealand Exhibition is free.
If your quilt is selected to travel to Ailsa Craig you will receive an email mid-January/early February. When you send in your quilt:
- Please Include a copy of your fee payment transaction details with the quilt, and the copy of your emailed entry form.
- For the protection of your quilt, it should be submitted in a suitably sized cloth bag that is labeled with the quilt title and maker’s name.
- You must include a self-addressed prepaid courier bag ( or with payment attached) [no cartons] large enough for the return of your quilts. Cardboard and other forms of packing [except a cloth bag] are not retained for the return of quilts because of storage constraints.
- Quilt entries must be received no later than 15th March 2019. Quilts received later that this date will not be able to travel.
Delivery address: – Mary Culver, 77 Stanley Avenue, Palmerston North, 4414.
Print a copy of these conditions Ailsa Craig Conditions of Entry